Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to Spanish translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering
English term or phrase:recess(es)
1. Tapping valve installed on water main.
2. Service line is perpendicular to the curb-line.
3. Stop box and meter pit are in landscaped area, and match finished grade.
a. Permanent obstructions are 5 feet clear of the meter vault:
• Utilities, street lights, foundations, fence lines, retaining walls, backflow prevention devices.
4. Service line has no bends or connections until 5 feet downstream of the meter vault.
5. Manhole cover is offset over the access ladder.
a. Manhole cover meets (Name of company) Engineering Standards:
• Single automated meter reading recess (turbine meters).
• Dual automated meter reading recesses (compound meters).
6. Stop box is 2 to 5 feet from outside wall of meter vault.
7. Service line depth is between 54 and 72 inches.
8. Stop box is plumb and centered over the curb valve.
9. Manhole concrete riser collar(s) plus manhole ring do not exceed 18 inches.
10. Meter vault is the appropriate size:
a. 8 ft x 9 ft (3 inch, 4 inch, and 6 inch services).
b. 8 ft x 13.5 ft (8 inch and larger services).
11. Gate valves inside the vault are restrained through the vault wall (Denver Water Engineering Standard Detail 72).
12. Gate valves have wheel operators installed.
13. Gate valves are supported by steel pipe supports (Denver Water Engineering Standard Detail 39).
14. Strainer is installed upstream of the meter (turbine meters only).
15. Concrete support block and shims support the meter flanges.
16. Bolted Sleeve Type Coupling is downstream of the meter.
17. Check valve installed (when required).
18. No bypass pipe on irrigation meters.