16th percentile

Spanish translation: (en el) percentil 16

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

22:48 Jun 12, 2018
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Education / Pedagogy
English term or phrase: 16th percentile
But they may no be able to read higher than a 9 level, like a student of mine in Veterinary Medicine. This student also had an arithmetic reasoning in the 16th percentile. Yet he achieved 85% in honours math and science - with the needed accomodations.
Sabrina Luján Sánchez
Local time: 10:29
Spanish translation:(en el) percentil 16
Explanation:
Sin más...

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 18 mins (2018-06-12 23:06:54 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

Esto es, muy por debajo de la media (percentil 50).
Selected response from:

Chema Nieto Castañón
Spain
Local time: 15:29
Grading comment
Muchas gracias.
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer



Summary of answers provided
3 +4(en el) percentil 16
Chema Nieto Castañón
4 +1percentil 16to
Juan Gil
4It is a difficult term.
Posted via ProZ.com Mobile
Sergio Martinez


  

Answers


17 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +4
(en el) percentil 16


Explanation:
Sin más...

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 18 mins (2018-06-12 23:06:54 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

Esto es, muy por debajo de la media (percentil 50).

Chema Nieto Castañón
Spain
Local time: 15:29
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 236
Grading comment
Muchas gracias.

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  patinba
13 hrs
  -> Gracias, patinba ;)

agree  Victoria Frazier
15 hrs
  -> Gracias, Victoria!

agree  Mónica Hanlan
15 hrs
  -> Gracias, Mónica!

agree  Robert Forstag
15 hrs
  -> Muchas gracias, Robert!
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

45 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
It is a difficult term.


Explanation:
Percentile is basically a percentage for a percentage.

For example:

In a classroom, all the students took a test and they all got different grades; the 80% got grades under 80, the other 20% got 85, 90 or 100.

You were one of the students whose score was 80 or above; then you and the other 20% fall in the 80th percentile.

I know it is a little bit confusing but, you just have to meditate for a while and you will get the idea.

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 1 hr (2018-06-12 23:48:53 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

By the way, the translation in spanish would be: Percentil 16 o número 16.

Sergio Martinez
Colombia
Local time: 08:29
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
Notes to answerer
Asker: Muchas gracias.

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

18 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
percentil 16to


Explanation:
El percentil se expresa como un número ordinal.

En este caso, percentil décimo sexto.

He visto que también se usa primero el número y luego 'percentil' (décimo sexto percentil, por ejemplo), pero no se si es correcto.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percentil

Juan Gil
Venezuela
Local time: 09:29
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 159
Notes to answerer
Asker: Muchas gracias.


Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  MPGS: :-)
1 hr
  -> Gracias MPGS ;-)
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)



KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.


See also:

Your current localization setting

English

Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search