KudoZ home » English to Spanish » Electronics / Elect Eng

open and split pocket washers

Spanish translation: lavadoras de una sola carga y lavadoras con compartimentos

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
English term or phrase:open and split pocket washers
Spanish translation:lavadoras de una sola carga y lavadoras con compartimentos
Entered by: Meritxell Mas Sastre
Options:
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

16:31 Sep 26, 2011
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Electronics / Elect Eng / open and split pocket washers
English term or phrase: open and split pocket washers
Buenos días,

Espero que puedan ayudarme con una expresión al español “open and split pocket washers“, relacionado con la lavandería de una instalación hotelera. Gracias:

“Select dryer sizing to match the individdual capacities of the washers. This means a nominal rating of about 200% of the washer name plate rated capacity for washers 150 lbs or less (for 400 lb open and split pocket washers, specify 200 to 220 lb dryers).”

Giovanni VL
Giovanni VL
Local time: 16:50
lavadoras de una sola carga y lavadoras con compartimentos
Explanation:
Únicamente he encontrado información en inglés y casi nada en español. Así que el término que te propongo no lo he encontrado en ningún sitio. Es mi propuesta a lo que yo entiendo que es una open washer o una split pocket washer.
Aquí debajo te paso las dos definiciones: (espero que te sea de ayuda)

Each of these types of washer configurations comes in either open pocket or split pocket models. An open pocket washer is just that, the drum is completely open and all laundry items can move about within the entire drum during the wash cycle. This is much better than split-pocket washers for several reasons. First, the majority of cleaning action you receive in a washing machine is the mechanical action of the linens rubbing against each other during the wash cycle. The tumbling of the linens creates friction between the items and this accomplishes a whopping 70% or more of the cleaning action, even without the chemicals. The laundry chemistry accomplishes the remaining 30% of the cleaning process. So the more tumbling and mechanical action you deliver to your linens, the cleaner they get.

With a split-pocket washer, the drum is divided into sections to segregate different bundles of linens, possibly from different customers or different sections of a building. The pockets keep the linens separated and limit the amount of space they have to move around in the drum during the washing process. This reduces the amount of mechanical action delivered to the linens and limits the amount of cleaning power your washer can deliver. Split-pocket washers = less-clean linens. There’s no way around it. It’s a matter of physical law.

Open pocket washers can be loaded and unloaded quickly relative to a split-pocket washer. With an open-pocket washer you simply throw all of the linens in at one time, close the door and start the cycle. When the cycle is complete, you open the door and pull all the linens out at once, or the machine tilts and unloads the linens into a cart.

Split-pocket washers require that you fill and empty one pocket at a time which increases the amount of time it takes to load/unload the washer which slows your production process. If you add up all the time to complete each step, it adds up to a lot of time wasted by the end of the day. With a split-pocket washer, you must rotate the drum until you get to the opening of an individual pocket then open the door and empty that pocket. Then close the door, rotate the cylinder to the next pocket and open the door and empty that pocket and so on for each pocket in the washer. Then you must repeat these steps to load the washer for the next cycle. You certainly wouldn’t want to load dirty linens into a washer that still contained clean linens. Instead of taking 5 minutes or less to unload an open-pocket washer, you can waste up to 15 minutes or more unloading and reloading a split-pocket washer. Just think how much time will be wasted each day if you are processing 20 loads in each washer. You won’t be able to do 20 loads per washer per day because at 15 minutes per load/unload, that would be a full 5 hours wasted each day! That’s a lot of labor and production time lost.

Selected response from:

Meritxell Mas Sastre
Spain
Grading comment
Gracias.
3 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
3lavadoras de una sola carga y lavadoras con compartimentos
Meritxell Mas Sastre


  

Answers


5 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
lavadoras de una sola carga y lavadoras con compartimentos


Explanation:
Únicamente he encontrado información en inglés y casi nada en español. Así que el término que te propongo no lo he encontrado en ningún sitio. Es mi propuesta a lo que yo entiendo que es una open washer o una split pocket washer.
Aquí debajo te paso las dos definiciones: (espero que te sea de ayuda)

Each of these types of washer configurations comes in either open pocket or split pocket models. An open pocket washer is just that, the drum is completely open and all laundry items can move about within the entire drum during the wash cycle. This is much better than split-pocket washers for several reasons. First, the majority of cleaning action you receive in a washing machine is the mechanical action of the linens rubbing against each other during the wash cycle. The tumbling of the linens creates friction between the items and this accomplishes a whopping 70% or more of the cleaning action, even without the chemicals. The laundry chemistry accomplishes the remaining 30% of the cleaning process. So the more tumbling and mechanical action you deliver to your linens, the cleaner they get.

With a split-pocket washer, the drum is divided into sections to segregate different bundles of linens, possibly from different customers or different sections of a building. The pockets keep the linens separated and limit the amount of space they have to move around in the drum during the washing process. This reduces the amount of mechanical action delivered to the linens and limits the amount of cleaning power your washer can deliver. Split-pocket washers = less-clean linens. There’s no way around it. It’s a matter of physical law.

Open pocket washers can be loaded and unloaded quickly relative to a split-pocket washer. With an open-pocket washer you simply throw all of the linens in at one time, close the door and start the cycle. When the cycle is complete, you open the door and pull all the linens out at once, or the machine tilts and unloads the linens into a cart.

Split-pocket washers require that you fill and empty one pocket at a time which increases the amount of time it takes to load/unload the washer which slows your production process. If you add up all the time to complete each step, it adds up to a lot of time wasted by the end of the day. With a split-pocket washer, you must rotate the drum until you get to the opening of an individual pocket then open the door and empty that pocket. Then close the door, rotate the cylinder to the next pocket and open the door and empty that pocket and so on for each pocket in the washer. Then you must repeat these steps to load the washer for the next cycle. You certainly wouldn’t want to load dirty linens into a washer that still contained clean linens. Instead of taking 5 minutes or less to unload an open-pocket washer, you can waste up to 15 minutes or more unloading and reloading a split-pocket washer. Just think how much time will be wasted each day if you are processing 20 loads in each washer. You won’t be able to do 20 loads per washer per day because at 15 minutes per load/unload, that would be a full 5 hours wasted each day! That’s a lot of labor and production time lost.



Meritxell Mas Sastre
Spain
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish, Native in CatalanCatalan
PRO pts in category: 3
Grading comment
Gracias.
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


Changes made by editors
Sep 29, 2011 - Changes made by Meritxell Mas Sastre:
Created KOG entryKudoZ term » KOG term


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search