KudoZ home » English to Spanish » Forestry / Wood / Timber

toner, stain, varnish, glaze


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
00:44 Aug 2, 2006
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Forestry / Wood / Timber / carpentry
English term or phrase: toner, stain, varnish, glaze
Tengo: color, tinte, barniz, esmalte (como diferentes tipos de sustancias que se aplican a la madera en la fabricación de muebles). Pero agradecería si alguien especialista en el tema pudiera confirmar si los equivalentes son correctos. Busco términos para hispanos de Estados Unidos. ¡Gracias de antemano!
Rosa Maria Duenas Rios
Local time: 19:24

Summary of answers provided
3teñir, barniz/lustre
Susy Ordaz

Discussion entries: 4



18 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
teñir, barniz/lustre

According to some research toner and stain are the same thing. So: teñir

Varnish and glaze seem to be the same things also.
So: barniz/lustre

    Reference: http://www.fivestarpainting.com/woodpictures.html
Susy Ordaz
Local time: 00:24
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in PortuguesePortuguese
Notes to answerer
Asker: Gracias Suzy, pero son cuatro procesos diferentes para un solo mueble, primero aplican toner, despues stain, luego varnish y al final glaze, por eso necesito términos muy precisos.

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search