KudoZ home » English to Spanish » Other

Tabbed Panel


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
07:43 Dec 12, 1999
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
English term or phrase: Tabbed Panel
I am translating a computer dialog for a chat room. The complete sentence is: "Tabbed Panel Background Color (rgb)"
Thank you for your help
Lourdes Alcaniz

Summary of answers provided
na"Color de fondo en el panel de control"
Carmen Hernaiz
na"color de fondo del panel con pestañas"Clarence Williams
naColor de fondo del panel con fichas (rgb)Natalia Fuentes
naTabbed Panel Background ColorYnesca
na"panel con pestañas"David Fidalgo



1 hr
"panel con pestañas"

A tabbed panel is simply a panel with tabs, like Word's Options screen. Each tab has its own option set. However, I don't understand what "tabbed panel" and "background color" have to do with each other. It almost seems like that those two strings are joined together when they shouldn't be.

David Fidalgo
PRO pts in pair: 4
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs
Tabbed Panel Background Color

Tab : (according to The American Heritage Dictionary) is " a projection, flag or short strip attached to an object to facilitate opening, handling or identification". I would be inclined to use the following, depending on the context, as always! "Color de Fondo de las etiquetas del tablero (rgb)" I cannot tell you what "rgb" stands for as I do not have enough text to be sure. Could be red/grey/black or anything!! Hope this is of help!

Local time: 12:14
PRO pts in pair: 10
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs
Color de fondo del panel con fichas (rgb)

"Ficha" is the most widely used translation for tab, so that is the translation I would choose. The way I understand it, it refers to the background color of the tabbed panel, that is, the panel with tabs. RGB stands for red, green, and blue, but this English abbreviation is widely used in Spanish computing. However, sometimes it is translated RVA (rojo, verde azul). Hope this helps!

Natalia Fuentes
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in pair: 23
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

3 hrs
"color de fondo del panel con pestañas"

Como ya se mencionó, son los paneles de los cuadros de diálogo. RBG puede ser, como dijo otro colega, rojo azul y verde.

Clarence Williams
Local time: 11:14
PRO pts in pair: 3
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

22 days
"Color de fondo en el panel de control"

When you use "panel de control", you are already referring to the "tabbed panel", so you don't need to literally translate "tabbed", which is a word not so used in Spanish if is computer language.

Carmen Hernaiz
Local time: 17:14
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in pair: 765
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search