KudoZ home » English to Spanish » Printing & Publishing

Fly / Dead Knife


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
19:43 Mar 15, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Printing & Publishing
English term or phrase: Fly / Dead Knife
Estoy traduciendo nuevamente sobre una imprenta industrial y me salen estos dos tipos de Knife, encontré en internet una imagen de una máquina pero no sé si dejar el nombre en inglés o si existe una traducción de ellos. Dice así "If the blades make contact at any time, lower the Jacking Screws and gently knock the Fly knife onto the Jacking Screw using a .......

Gracias por la ayuda
Carolina Grupe
Local time: 08:52

Summary of answers provided
4doble cuchilla rotativa/cuchilla inferior fija y superior rotativa
Carlos Vergara



5 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
fly / dead knife
doble cuchilla rotativa/cuchilla inferior fija y superior rotativa

Por lo que aprendí en mi investigación de estos dos términos, las hojeadoras o resmeadoras de papel pueden cortar el papel con alguno de estos dos sistemas.

    Reference: http://www.kmec.es/Root/Cas/Maquinaria/Cortadora_Transversal...
Carlos Vergara
Local time: 05:52
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 4
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search