Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to Spanish translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Surveying
English term or phrase:target finder
Gracias de antemano por su ayuda.
3. Use the leveling screws to coarse- and fine-level the instrument.
4. Configure the total station to work with degrees (h-m-s). Set the zenith angle and azimuth. Zero the vertical
and horizontal scales, confirm that the slope distance measurement option is selected, and ensure
that horizontal travel is restricted to 360°.
5. Using the coarse alignment target finder on top of the instrument, locate the prism that the assistant is
holding over the targets. Lock the instrument's horizontal and vertical locks, focus the instrument and
then align the cross-hairs with the centre of the prism using the fine adjustment knobs.
6. Measure the target and record in the provided spreadsheet.
7. Repeat for all targets, ensuring that the prism is level for all measurements. Measure and record the sensor
corner positions (Figure 20).