Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
10:50 Nov 23, 2001
English to Spanish translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering / sensors
English term or phrase:N.O. / N.C. / forced-guided
optional interface module with 3 N.O. and 1 N.C. forced-guided contacts
Explanation: Módulo opcional de interfase con 3 contactos N.O. (Normally Open) y 1 contacto N.C. (Normally Closed) de dirección forzada.
(• Forced-Guidance means:
• The contacts in a contact set (at least 1 N.O. contact and 1 N.C. contact) must be mechanically linked together, so that it is impossible for N.O. and N.C. contacts to be closed at the same time. Also, 0.5mm minimum air gap between open contacts must be present over the whole service life, even in case of failure. The forced-guidance must always be preserved, even when a relay component fails to function correctly.
• Classes of forced-guidance:
• Class A - Relays with mutually linked contacts which form a forced-guidance contact set. A contact is considered to be open when its contact gap is >0.5mm.
• Class B – Relays with individually linked contacts, which contain a number of forced-guided contacts and other non-forced-guided contacts or changeover contacts.
• Only N.O. and N.C. contacts can be used as forced-guided contacts. Contacts, which are designed as changeover contacts, must be used as either N.O. or N.C. contacts in the sense of forced-guided operation. If the unused contact is connected to a non-safety circuit, then circuit analyses must be performed to ensure that this will not impair safety.)