KudoZ home » English to Spanish » Tech/Engineering

roll follower


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
09:14 Sep 1, 2001
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
English term or phrase: roll follower
automobile industry

Summary of answers provided
naleva / alabe /excentrica
Baruch Avidar
nalevantaválvula o alzaválvula
Virgilio Chavez-De la Torre



2 hrs
levantaválvula o alzaválvula

Aunque el contexto es un poco escaso, creo que se trata de esto.

cam follower: The unit that contacts the end of the valve stem and the camshaft. The follower rides on the
camshaft and when the cam lobes move it upward, it opens the valve. Also called "valve lifter" or "tappet."


    Reference: http://www.motorera.com/dictionary/
Virgilio Chavez-De la Torre
PRO pts in pair: 323
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

3 hrs
leva / alabe /excentrica

Span:excentrica conformada en el arbol de levas que abre la valvula del motor contra un potente resorte
Eng: shaped cam on the camshaft that opens a valve of the engine against a powerful spring)

    Manual de Automoviles - Cnel de Ingenieros M. Arias Paz
Baruch Avidar
Local time: 19:35
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in pair: 298
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search