Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to Tamil translations [PRO]|
Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general) / purchase
|English term or phrase: 1|
Define the necessary steps to create the purchasing orders required by the company.
Purchasing order: Is a document by witch the purchases and the company-supplier relation are formalized and standardized, guaranteeing budgetary control and the compliance of company’s politics.
Requisitioner: Is the authorized person to make the product requisitions required by his department, checking that those products are in the authorized concept list and budget.
Code: Is the only code by witch the items are identified in inventory, requisitions and purchasing orders, this code is also used by the supplier.
1. The financial Manager (associated with Vice-Presidency) is the responsible of selecting the authorized personal to make purchasing requisitions and the maximum budget approved for those requisitions.
2. A Requisitioner has the power to make purchasing orders up to the budget and concept approved in his range.
3. An authorized requisitioner must guarantee that all the purchasing order is real and necessary for the company.
4. The purchases boss must guarantee that the purchasing price is the best one for the company and should be able to demonstrate it if necessary.
5. Every good or service purchased, domestic or foreign must be requested through a purchasing order previous the good or service deliver.
6. The purchases boss must define in the negotiation the quality specifications and price for goods and services and guarantee its deliver compliance. For that he should inform the purchasing order number to the supplier who will link it to the receipt number.
7. The domestic purchases boss and/or foreign must get from the Financial Manager (associated with Vice-Presidency) the approval for any advance requested by a domestic or foreign supplier, previous the negotiation or commitment with the supplier.
8. The only products that could be negotiated without the previous purchasing order are the emergency purchases (risk for the personal, risk for the company’s assets or stops in the company’s operation process). In this case the purchasing order must be done within the emergency’s next day.
9. The purchase requisitioners must guarantee the right good or service description, through the identification code.
10. Every purchase modification/cancellation sent to the supplier must be informed to the requisitioner with the corresponding written explanations and archive the evidence in the supplier’s folder.
11. Every requisition must be sign by the responsible purchase requisitioner and should not have corrections or amendments
12. The Store boss must guarantee the full and timely closing of the purchasing orders maximum the day after receiving the products.
13. The purchasing orders must follow a perfect consecutive serial. If a purchasing order is cancelled or annulled it must be kept in the consecutive order.
14. The code requirements, description, quantity and quality established in the purchasing orders are not negotiable with the supplier.
5.1 Creation of purchasing orders with requisition
Purchases Boss 1. Receives the purchasing orders from the requisitioners and verifies that these are under the approved conditions for each requisitioner and that they have the code for each ordered product. Every requisition must have a date and be signed.
If this requirements are not followed the order will be returned to the requisitioner for its correction
2. Selects the requisitions that will be included in the purchasing order.
If a modification in a requisition is necessary for a higher price or quantity (minimum of quantity offered by the supplier):
• Asks the requisitioner to modify the requisition.
3. Verifies if the purchase requires an advance payment and requests the corresponding authorization from the Financial Manager (Associated with Vice-Presidency)
4. Prints out and signs the purchasing order in the established form within a day after receiving the requisition.
Verifies that the order corresponds to each requisition number related. The purchasing order must have the same specifications as the product requisitions (complete description and code) and its number should be written in the suppliers receipt.
5. Sends to store the purchasing order original for the product verification after its deliver.
6. Attaches the requisition with a copy of the purchasing order and archives in the consecutive folder (a year of archive).
5.2 Purchasing orders Modification or cancellation
Requisitioner 1. Informs the purchases boss through an e-mail about the modification or cancellation in a requisition.
Purchases Boss 2. Verifies if the purchasing order related to that requisition has been sent to the supplier.
2a. If the purchasing order has not been sent to the supplier he modifies/cancels the purchasing order.
• Answers the e-mail with the modification or cancellation confirmation.
2b. If the purchasing order was already sent to the supplier, he reports the reason of the modification or cancellation through an e-mail and requests the purchasing order original return.
3. Receives the purchasing order original or the written authorization of the modification or cancellation from the supplier, and archives it in the supplier’s folder with the copy of the written document sent and the email from the requisitioner.
3a. If the supplier accepts by phone and does not send a written Answer or doesn’t send back the purchasing order original, he should write it in the communication sent by mail requesting the modification or cancellation and save the evidence in the folder.
3b. After 8 days of sending the communication and not receiving an answer from the supplier, he adds a note to the copy of the communication sent by email requesting the modification or cancellation explaining the situation and archives it after getting the requisitioner’s signature.
4. Verifies that the supplier didn’t receive advance payments related to that specific purchasing order (Asks to accounting for the supplier’s account statement)
Accounting Boss or Treasurer (responsible for supplier payments)
5. Gives to the purchases Boss as soon as possible the suppliers account statement.
Purchases Boss 6. If is a cancellation and it has pending advances to discount, he sends to the Treasurer (responsible for invoice payments) a copy of the purchasing order cancellation so he would do the necessary to get the advance payment back.
7. Sends the definitive purchasing order to the store boss with the requisition attached, for the product verification after its deliver.
5.3 Products Arrival
Store Boss 1. Receives the purchasing order, with the requisition and verifies the compliance of the specifications in the description, code and the signature of the purchases boss and the requisitioner and the corresponding document links.
Waits for the product arrival.
2. When receiving the products in the stores, he compares the code, description, quality and quantity with the purchasing order specifications.
Then he enters in the software the products that meet the specifications and adds the copy to the purchasing order.
2a. If the products meet exactly the code, description, quality and quantity specified in the purchasing order, then the order is closed and attached to the entry to store document and sent to the purchases boss.
2b. If there are pending products to deliver by the supplier, he writes in the purchasing order the expected deliver date of the pending products, in the established form, keeps a purchasing order copy and the “EXPECTED DATE” form in the folder “PENDING” and returns the purchasing order original to the supplier for its future deliver.
2c. If the products do NOT meet with any of the purchasing order specifications like code, description or quality, the purchasing order original is returned to the supplier with the products to return and the “PRODUCT RETURN” form explaining the return reason.
Leaves a copy of the “PRODUCT RETURN” form with the purchasing order copy in the “PENDING” folder.
A copy of this document must be added to the purchasing order and the entry to store for the purchases Boss.
2d. If the products meet the code, description and quality specifications, but a HIGHER AMOUNT than requested was send, he do NOT receive the higher amount, but returns those products to the supplier with the reason for the return, using the “PRODUCT RETURN” form writing the code, description and quantity returned.
This form must be attached to the purchase order and the entry to store and sent to the purchase department.
A copy of those documents must be saved as a supporting document to entry to store.
Purchases Boss 1. Receives the documents from the store (Purchasing order and entry to store) and searches the supplier’s invoice and sends it to the financial department for its payment.
2. Receives the documents from the store (Purchasing order, entry to store and product return) and checks the return reason.
2a. If the return is due to problems in the code, description or quality he calls the supplier to find the mistakes reasons and actualize the forwarding commitment or define a new purchase with a different supplier, so the process will start again.
Keeps the invoice and the documents until the situation with the supplier is clear.
Fills out the supplier inconsistency form and archives it in the supplier’s folder.
2b. If the return is because of HIGHER AMOUNT of products sent, he completes the “PRODUCT RETURN” form with price per unit and total and attaches to the documents that will be send to the Financial department so the amount will be reduce from the invoice.
Fills out the supplier inconsistency form and archives it in the supplier’s folder.
Treasurer 3. Checks that the documents received for the payment are complete (purchasing order, requisition, return note (if required) and invoice)
In addition checks if there are price differences in these documents.
If they are not complete or have price differences he returns the documents to the purchases boss, indicating in the “INTERNAL SUPPLIER’S INCOSISTENCIES” form the return reason.
Purchases Boss 4. Reviews the document return reason.
4a If is because the documents are incomplete, he completes them and forwards them again.
For reviewing and forwarding the documents to the treasurer he has no more than 4 hours after receiving the documents.
4b. If there are price differences, he should write by e-mail to the Financial Manager (or the associated to Vice-Presidency), explaining the reason of the differences and send a copy to the comptroller.
Financial Manager (or associate to Vice-Presidency) 5. Analyzes with the purchases Boss the price difference.
5a. If the price difference is approved he gives the documents to the purchases boss adding the signed mail to complete the payment.
5b. If the price difference is NOT approved after analyzing it with the purchases boss, the purchases boss should call the supplier to change the invoice.
Purchases Boss 6. If the difference is approved he forwards the documents and the e-mail signed by the Financial Manager (or the associated to Vice-Presidency) to the treasurer for its payment.
Treasurer 7. Pays the invoice.
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations