14:04 Jan 23, 2014
French to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Computers: Hardware / Wiring - Printed Circuit Boards
French term or phrase: Toron
""Veiller à positionner le nouveau jetter de manière à ce que le toron rouge (rep. 1) en sortie du jetter soit situé en face du connecteur (rep. 2).

Term used to describe a connector inside a printing system. The connector has many loose-hanging strands that look like very thin spaghetti. I realize that "toron" means "strand". But here they're referring to the whole kit and kaboodle, i.e the strands attached to their connector, which is plugged into a printed circuit board. Does anyone know if there is a specific term for such a kind of connector?

Again, I can send an image privately.


Stephen Schwanbeck
Local time: 01:55

Summary of answers provided
3pig tail
Raoul COLIN (X)



28 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
pig tail

in a personal glossary, I have the entry - toron de raccordement = pigtail or pig tail

Raoul COLIN (X)
Local time: 01:55
Meets criteria
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench, Native in EnglishEnglish

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  Didier Fourcot: The gigtails I know are rather extensions than separate strands?
1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search