baisse à

English translation: falls to

GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
French term or phrase:baisse à
English translation:falls to
Entered by: Mark Radcliffe

15:16 Mar 13, 2014
French to English translations [PRO]
Bus/Financial - Investment / Securities / Economic outlook in the Eurozone
French term or phrase: baisse à
Hello

I am translating an investment manager's investment outlook for the Eurozone. The tone is generally positive with an overall assessment of gradual recovery. The text ends with the paragraph below.

Nous qualifions le scénario central de «reprise graduelle» avec une croissance à 1.2% en moyenne sur les 6 prochains mois et une probabilité qui baisse à 70%. Celle de l’option positive « Crédibilité de la zone euro et accélération de la croissance » est à 10%. La probabilité du scénario négatif « enlisement et rechute déflationniste est à 20%.

I am a bit unsure how to translate this so that I get the meanings right for the percentages quoted e.g. une probabilité qui baisse à 70% - and how this relates to the other quoted percentages of 10% and 20%.

Thanks in advance

Mark
Mark Radcliffe
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:27
falls to
Explanation:
Or is down to
Or decreases to
Or is reduced to.

See the discussion entries.
Selected response from:

philgoddard
United States
Grading comment
Thanks
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer



Summary of answers provided
4with a reduced probability of 70%
SafeTex
4falls to
philgoddard


Discussion entries: 4





  

Answers


6 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
falls to


Explanation:
Or is down to
Or decreases to
Or is reduced to.

See the discussion entries.


    Reference: http://dictionary.reverso.net/french-english/baisser
philgoddard
United States
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 28
Grading comment
Thanks
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

16 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
with a reduced probability of 70%


Explanation:
Hi

I thought it was 'lower probability' but that would probably be wrong as it would give the idea of lower and higher probability boundaries which is not quite the same thing.
In everyday business English, this is pretty much what a lot of people would say (see mulit-reference)


    Reference: http://www.linguee.fr/anglais-francais/traduction/probabilit...
SafeTex
France
Local time: 09:27
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.


See also:

Your current localization setting

English

Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search