13:06 Aug 2, 2019
French to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Manufacturing / Leather goods
French term or phrase: Sellier-garnisseur
Hi all, is there an equivalent in English for the above trade ?

Thank you!
Laetitia Chemin
Local time: 07:10

Summary of answers provided
liz askew
2 +1trimmer
Marco Solinas

Discussion entries: 1



11 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5 peer agreement (net): +1

See and . It may be better that the "trim man" suggested by the references.

Note added at 13 mins (2019-08-02 13:19:31 GMT)

"car upholsterer" should do it too.

Marco Solinas
Local time: 22:10
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 16
Notes to answerer
Asker: Yes, Car upholsterer seems more appropriate than "trim man" which I also saw in the Grand Dictionnaire. But I was wishing for an answer from a native english person, as it might be quite cultural in usage ;)

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Yvonne Gallagher: yes, to (car) upholsterer
22 days
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 day 6 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5


liz askew
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:10
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 27
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search