miroirs nommé Duchesses

13:50 Dec 9, 2010
French to German translations [PRO]
Art/Literary - Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting / Spiegel
French term or phrase: miroirs nommé Duchesses
Immer noch die Beschreibung der historischen Szene:
"Une autre vient de se poudrer; elle est si absorbée par l’occupation de se mettre des mouches, avec l’aide de sa dame d’atours et devant un de ces **miroirs nommés duchesses**, qu’elle ne voit pas le messager d’amour qui vient lui glisser un billet doux.
Wie nennt man diese Spiegel denn im Deutschen..Unter Duchesse-Spiegel oder Herzoginnen-Spiegel findet sich nichts..
Hat jemand eine Idee?

Vielen Dank!
Jutta Kirchner
Local time: 03:34

Summary of answers provided
2"Duchesses" genannte Spiegel
Rolf Kern
Summary of reference entries provided
(breit) gerahmte Spiegel

Discussion entries: 5



2 days 7 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
"Duchesses" genannte Spiegel

Da hierfür keine Erkärung gefunden werden kann, würde ich diese wörtliche Übersetzung nehmen. Wem das niht genügt, kann ja rückfragen.

Rolf Kern
Local time: 03:34
Native speaker of: German
PRO pts in category: 20
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Reference comments

1 hr
Reference: (breit) gerahmte Spiegel

Reference information:

Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 52
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search