KudoZ home » French to English » Bus/Financial

réception usine

English translation: at factory premises

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
06:00 Sep 11, 2000
French to English translations [PRO]
Bus/Financial
French term or phrase: réception usine
This is in the payment terms of a purchase order. "30% à l'issue de la réception usine prononcée par X. Le solde à l'issue de la réception sur site de C."
Thanks in advance
MAry
M Lalevee
English translation:at factory premises
Explanation:
The meaning is somewhat like this :
the payment should done at 20% at the factory premises upon acceptance declared by xx and the remaining 80% shall be paid upon receiving on site.
Selected response from:

Telesforo Fernandez
Local time: 09:13
Grading comment
Thank you for your help.
Mary
3 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
nasee below
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
naacceptance at factoryxxxcaroail
naat factory premisesTelesforo Fernandez


  

Answers


1 hr
at factory premises


Explanation:
The meaning is somewhat like this :
the payment should done at 20% at the factory premises upon acceptance declared by xx and the remaining 80% shall be paid upon receiving on site.

Telesforo Fernandez
Local time: 09:13
PRO pts in pair: 216
Grading comment
Thank you for your help.
Mary

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Lydia Brady

Heathcliff

Louise Atfield

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 hr
acceptance at factory


Explanation:
30% to be paid on outcome of acceptance at factory by X. The balance to be paid on outcome of acceptance procedure at premises of C.

xxxcaroail
Local time: 03:43
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 107

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Lydia Brady

Heathcliff

Louise Atfield
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

7 hrs
see below


Explanation:
"30% [to be paid]upon X's acknowledgement of receipt at the factory, the balance upon receipt at C's plant".

This looks like I am trying to get round tackling your question head on, which I am! Justification? I think the fact that X has to "prononcer" his receiving [the goods] is important and that if you turn your sentence around this way, then "acknowledgement of receipt" just runs off the tongue so easily... Adding where they are delivered means the problem is avoided.
Maybe those who know more may know whether "acknowledgement of factory receipt" is said or not. It does not sound natural.

réceptionner = receive, take delivery of, check and sign for

As for "acceptance of works" which is used in the construction industry, I would be a little reticent about using it here.

Nikki


    Larousse Business Dictionary (FR-EN-FR)
    Robert & Collins
Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Local time: 04:43
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 4431

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Heathcliff
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search