KudoZ home » French to English » Construction / Civil Engineering

enduit pelliculaire

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
08:27 Mar 26, 2007
French to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / Concretes/mortars/adhesives
French term or phrase: enduit pelliculaire
Some sort of ultra-thin plaster?

Have googled it, but cannot find the right term!

Here's how it appears in my text (context: specification of a cementitious adhesive product - it says you should not use it certain materials). In the list below I wondered if the 'peintures' was acting as a synonym for the 'enduits pelliculaires' or supplementing it. Perhaps it means 'ultra-thin plasters or paints'. Or pehaps it means 'any ultra-thin coating/paints'.... difficult to decide!

- **enduits pelliculaires** (peintures)
- metaux
- platre
- chape anhydrite
- chape asphalte
- dalles plastique
- panneaux bois

The rest of the document simply tells you what you CAN use it on, so is not much help in deciding. Thanks for any suggestions.
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:11

Summary of answers provided
3 +1film coating
Francis MARC
3(ultra) thin coating



19 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +1
film coating


Francis MARC
Local time: 05:11
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 190

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Melzie
25 mins
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
(ultra) thin coating

As you say, it's not clear to me either if this refers to paints or to thin coatings used in assocation with paints, cf Dicobat:

"les enduits dits 'de peintre', ou 'de peinture', destinés à parfaire la planéité et à corriger les imperfections des subjectiles, rugosités, bullages, fissures, etc...." for which the English proposed is "thin wall plaster, adamant plaster, plaster finish", FWIW.

Then again, it could be any coating that is not an RPE, revêtement plastique épais, or high-build coating.

Local time: 04:11
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 4135
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Mar 26, 2007 - Changes made by writeaway:
LevelNon-PRO » PRO

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search