Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
French to English translations [PRO] Medical - Medical: Pharmaceuticals / SPC
French term or phrase:prescription médicale (here)
This should be easy but I have a doubt, because "prescriptions" can be instructions or prescriptions.
It is the SPC for a sublingual tablet nicotine replacement product.
There are 3 uses of "prescription" in my text:
1) "CONDITIONS DE PRESCRIPTION ET DE DELIVRANCE: Médicament non soumis à prescription"
2) "x comprimé sublingual ne doit pas être administré aux sujets de moins de 18 ans sans prescription médicale"
3) "Par conséquent, en cas de grossesse chez une fumeuse très dépendante, l’utilisation des comprimés sublinguaux ne sera envisagée que sur prescription médicale".
I have found a version of the SPC on the internet that appears to be a direct translation of my text and has
1) = "medicinal product not subject to prescription" but 2) = "x should not be administered to persons under 18 years of age without recommendation from a physician" and
3) = "Use of the sublingual tablet by the pregnant highly dependent smoker should only be initiated after advice from a physician".
So do adolescents and pregnant women need a prescription or just advice from a doctor?