1. marché travaux 2. tous lots sauf éléctricité 3.
English translation: deed of Undertaking
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
07:30 Jul 19, 2000
French to English translations [PRO]
French term or phrase:1. marché travaux 2. tous lots sauf éléctricité 3.
This is from a document on invitation to tender for electrical installations
Explanation: 1. marché travaux = performance contract (or "work performance contract")
2. tous lots sauf éléctricité = all utilities except for electrical power
3. cahier de clauses particulières = specific terms and conditions
Heathcliff United States Local time: 04:41 Native speaker of: English PRO pts in pair: 953
Explanation: To muddy the waters some more, here is what I can track down for you:
1. Marché travaux: English:Government Contracts
construction contract s CORRECT
DEF - An agreement entered into for the construction, repair, renovation or restoration of any work except a vessel and includes (a) an agreement for the supply and erection of a prefabricated structure, (b) an agreement relating to dredging, (c) an agreement relating to demolition, and (d) an agreement for the hire of equipment to be used in or incidentally to the execution of a work. s
2. All batches/lots except electricity
3. cahier de clauses particulières: Termium points out that neither *cahier des clauses techniques générales* nor "cahier des clauses techniques particulières* has an English translation. Rather, they leave the phrase in French. LGDT has a translation of cahier de clauses génerales: *contract bill of general clauses*, so you should probably leave *cahier des clauses particulières* in French, and put, by way of an explanation in parentheses: contract bill of the specific clauses [Domaine(s)
contract bill of the general clauses (a)
Contractual document attached to the tender or to the contractor firm's employment agreement and other contractual documents whose aim is to establish the clauses at agreed building rates. (a)