KudoZ home » French to English » Tech/Engineering

face à connecter

English translation: connection side


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
19:18 Aug 11, 2002
French to English translations [PRO]
French term or phrase: face à connecter
In a patent relating to damascene interconnects (semiconductors): De manière particulière, l'invention a pour objet un procédé de réaliation d'une structure d'interconnections de type double damascène sur une face à connecter d'un dispositif micro-électronique réalisé sur du silicium, ladite face présentent des lignes conductrices en cuivre à connecter, caractérisé en ce qu'il comprend les étapes suivantes: ... dépôt sur ladite face à connecter d'une première couche barrière à la diffusion du cuivre en SiCH ...

Thanks very much!

English translation:connection side
a chip has two sides, one of which is the connection side. At least that's what one gathers from the above.
Selected response from:

Peter Bagney
Local time: 02:48
Grading comment
3 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer


Summary of answers provided
4 +2connection sidePeter Bagney
2'mating OR connecting surface'
Tony M



3 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +2
connection side

a chip has two sides, one of which is the connection side. At least that's what one gathers from the above.

Peter Bagney
Local time: 02:48
PRO pts in pair: 219

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Francis MARC
4 mins

neutral  Tony M: I'm not convinced that's the whole story...
2 hrs
  -> all suggestions welcome

agree  Ben Gaia: or connecting side
1 day 1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
'mating OR connecting surface'

I've deliberately used quotes to indicate that I'm not sure this is the CORRECT answer, but that I think it is nearer to coneying the right idea; I don't think we are talking here about 'back/front faces', but rather, the actual part of the chip destined to receive the external connections -- in otehr contexts, these might be 'pads', but here I think we are talking in more general terms.

Perhaps someone else can get you even closer --- but I'm pretty confident the idea is right!

Tony M
Local time: 02:48
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 14167
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search