KudoZ home » French to English » Tech/Engineering

tissu intercalaire

English translation: Zwischengewebe, Trenngewebe

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
06:32 May 26, 2003
French to English translations [PRO]
French term or phrase: tissu intercalaire
Liste de produit de vulcanisation à chaud pour courroie transporteuse
Local time: 03:47
English translation:Zwischengewebe, Trenngewebe
oder Trenngeflecht
Selected response from:

Madeleine van Zanten
Local time: 18:47
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
5Zwischengewebe, Trenngewebe
Madeleine van Zanten
1(coated) fabric ply
Yolanda Broad



2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
Zwischengewebe, Trenngewebe

oder Trenngeflecht

Madeleine van Zanten
Local time: 18:47
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in pair: 65
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

30 days   confidence: Answerer confidence 1/5Answerer confidence 1/5
(coated) fabric ply

I assume you've long since solved your terminology problem, but thought I'd see if we could get something down for the glossary. Here's what I find:

Ordinary Conveyor Belts
 Ordinary conveyor belts are made of many layers of industrial cotton canvas or polyester/cotton, to be covered with rubber and vulcanized in high temperature, suitable for carrying small or medium pieces, particles or powder materials. The products conform to GB/T7984-87 standards. http://www.jiu-zhou.com.cn/chanpin1x1.htm

* Added By Larry Goldbeck:
Most belts are multi-ply. When using a vulcanized splice, the ends of the belt are prepared in a stair step fashion, with one end a mirror image of the other end. The belt is usually cut at an angle to increase the strength of the splice. This can be seen on page 213 of the CEMA book. Depending on the belt width and the expertise of the person splicing the belt, this may take up to 6 hours. The layers are then coated with glues and materials to allow the belt to be bonded using a heat process called vulcanizing. Properly done this type of splice is virtually the same thickness as the belt. Also there is no chance for material to migrate through the hinge as in the mechanical splice. http://www.martin-eng.com/cgi-bin/bbmatic.pl?getsubject=24.

Note added at 2003-06-26 01:39:22 (GMT)

If you have found something better (I expect you have!), could you please either enter it in the \"notes added\" (section for asker\'s comments) or otherwise convey your findings?


Yolanda Broad
ProZ Moderator, French to English

    Reference: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=v...
Yolanda Broad
United States
Local time: 13:47
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in pair: 1551
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search