KudoZ home » German to English » Education / Pedagogy

zuwendungsfähig

English translation: eligible

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
German term or phrase:zuwendungsfähig
English translation:eligible
Entered by: davidgreen
Options:
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

17:14 Aug 12, 2004
German to English translations [PRO]
Education / Pedagogy / e-learning
German term or phrase: zuwendungsfähig
Die Grundlage des Förderprogramms bilden finanzielle Mittel aus dem Europäischen Fonds für regionale Entwicklung (EFRE). Es erfolgt eine Förderung der *zuwendungsfähigen* Gesamtkosten der Maßnahmen mit 75%. Die restlichen 25% tragen die Schulträger als Kofinanzierung. Eine besondere Förderung der berufsbildenden Schulen mit finanziellen Mitteln des Bundes aus den UMTS-Zinsersparnissen ist in das Gesamtprogramm integriert.

The basis of the funding programme is to provide financial means from the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRE). The *attributable* total costs of the measures will be funded ??with?? 75%. The remaining 25% will be borne by the school sponsors as co-financing. Special vocational training school funding with financial funds of the federation from the UMTS interest savings is integrated in the entire programme.
davidgreen
eligible
Explanation:
I'd go with eligible on its own as the term that would be used in corresponding contexts in English
Selected response from:

Armorel Young
Local time: 14:45
Grading comment
Thanks, that's the word I was looking for
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
3 +2eligible
Armorel Young
3eligible to be contributed to
Alex Tims


  

Answers


1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
zuwendungsfähig
eligible to be contributed to


Explanation:
I don't know the exact term off hand, but what is meant are the costs that are eligible for being contributed to. Maybe that helps.

Alex Tims
Local time: 15:45
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +2
zuwendungsfähig
eligible


Explanation:
I'd go with eligible on its own as the term that would be used in corresponding contexts in English

Armorel Young
Local time: 14:45
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 158
Grading comment
Thanks, that's the word I was looking for

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Johanna Timm, PhD: als zuwendungsfähige Kosten (eligible costs) voll erstattet. www.rp6.de/durchfuehrung/durchfuehrung/ administration/finanzierungsrichtlinien
2 hrs

agree  roneill
2 days7 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search