KudoZ home » German to English » Mechanics / Mech Engineering



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
18:41 Jul 2, 2008
German to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Mechanics / Mech Engineering
German term or phrase: Aufnahme
I have a problem with this term. I think it means a part which takes another part, yet I have terms which could mean image.
Here are some examples Schrumpfaufnahmen HSK-Aufnahmen, konische Aufnahme etc.
Der Plattensitz oder Kassettensitz sowie die stark beschädigte *HSKAufnahme* können durch unseren modernen Maschinenpark und unsere technische Ausstattung wieder instandgesetzt werden.
Zuerst wird die HSK-Aufnahme wieder voll funktionsfähig instandgesetzt; anschließend werden die Plattensitze oder Kassettensitze

I see there are some answers, calling it mounting points and the like, but it is in a different context. So, I like to ask this question again.

I am grateful for any suggestions.
Elisabeth Moser
United States
Local time: 07:20

Summary of answers provided
5shrink-fit tool holder
Geoff Williams
3(spindle) receiver
vic voskuil



11 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
(spindle) receiver

via the DIN of the HSK-Aufnahme (DIN 69893) you get to the above, or alternatively a HSK toolholder and other (less used) variations.

Note added at 3 hrs (2008-07-02 22:28:06 GMT)

@Asker: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=shrink-fit-toolholder hs... (the DIN trick at work again ;)

vic voskuil
Local time: 13:20
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in DutchDutch
PRO pts in category: 12
Notes to answerer

Asker: Yes, but what would Schrumpfaufnahme be?

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

16 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
shrink-fit tool holder

All the references seem to be to do with types of tool-holders. A Google search on the "term + English" came up with the reference below, with a corresponding German version linked to the same page.

    Reference: http://www.emo-hannover.de/41736?ags=g&tpi_id=0173
Geoff Williams
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:20
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  vic voskuil: now thát term looks oddly familiar... ;)
7 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Jul 3, 2008 - Changes made by Steffen Walter:
Field (specific)Electronics / Elect Eng » Mechanics / Mech Engineering

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search