KudoZ home » German to English » Other



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
05:29 Jun 30, 2000
German to English translations [PRO]
German term or phrase: MinR
This follows someone's name and title at the end of a letter. From the context, possibly somthing to do with minister but what about the R?

Summary of answers provided
naMinisterialratWilliam Scheckel
naMinisterialratHartmut Lau
Dierk Seeburg



5 mins

Hope this helps!

    Reference: http://www.euroforum.de/themen/va6/p12078/referenten.htm
Dierk Seeburg
Local time: 12:13
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
PRO pts in pair: 404
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

10 mins

This is a title in the German federal civil service. Roughly the equivalent of a brigadier general in the military or a GS-15 in the US civil service. Translate in the context given, e.g.: department chief, advisor, chef de cabinet, deputy assistant secretary of paper clip rust prevention etc.

Hartmut Lau
United States
Local time: 14:13
PRO pts in pair: 10
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 hr

Should be translated as "ministerial advisor" or "advisor to the Minister of..." The translation of the title comes from my father-in-law, who happens to be a Ministerialrat for the Kultusministerium Baden-Württemberg. HTH, Will

William Scheckel
Local time: 20:13
PRO pts in pair: 139
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search