KudoZ home » German to English » Printing & Publishing



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
11:11 Feb 22, 2006
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

German to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Printing & Publishing / Window design
German term or phrase: Siebdruck
Im oberen Bereich der Scheibe ist ein schwarzer "Siebdruck" zur Einfassung der Zugzielanzeige aufzubringen

Bei geklebten Fenstern ist die Verklebung durch einen dauerhaften schwarzen "Siebdruck" oder Primer gegen UV-Strahlung zu schützen

Der "Siebdruck" ist auf der Innenseite der äußeren Scheibe aufzubringen.
Local time: 21:42

Summary of answers provided
4 +4silk screen/ screen printing
Chinmayi Sripada
5silk-screen print
Gad Harel
3stencil (printing)
xxxFrancis Lee

Discussion entries: 1



5 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
silk-screen print

The silk-screen print has to be found on the inside of the outer plate.

Gad Harel
Local time: 22:42
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in EnglishEnglish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +4
silk screen/ screen printing


Note added at 11 mins (2006-02-22 11:22:19 GMT)

Serigraph - that is the term used for the print

Chinmayi Sripada
Local time: 02:12
Works in field
Native speaker of: English

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Languageman
4 mins

agree  avantix
34 mins

agree  Andrea Obrien
1 hr

agree  Stefanie Sendelbach
2 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
stencil (printing)

A Siebdruck can also be a Schablonendruck, which MAY be why it's in quotes. In that case, it would be a stencil print (which makes sense here). Aka "screen printing"
And click on the silk "screen printed" link

xxxFrancis Lee
Local time: 21:42
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 4
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Feb 22, 2006 - Changes made by Steffen Walter:
FieldOther » Tech/Engineering
Field (specific)Engineering (general) » Printing & Publishing

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search