KudoZ home » German to English » Printing & Publishing



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
17:42 Feb 12, 2007
German to English translations [PRO]
Marketing - Printing & Publishing
German term or phrase: Kastenkopf
This is a tourist office's guidelines for publishing its journals. It describes what goes on what page, the font size, color, etc.

"Der redaktionelle Kasten besteht aus folgenden Elementen:
– Kastenkopf
– Textfeld

So the editorial page includes body text and a box with separate information? Any suggestions?

Summary of answers provided
Jack Doughty



11 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5

From a glossary of printing terms:

Similar to a cut-in head, but with a ruled line around it; also a head for a column in a ruled table.


Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:18
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Feb 12, 2007 - Changes made by writeaway:
LevelNon-PRO » PRO

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search