KudoZ home » German to English » Tech/Engineering

Rail (running gear): Radsatzwelle-Druckkappe and Radsatzhalter-Steg


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
23:48 Sep 1, 2000
German to English translations [PRO]
German term or phrase: Rail (running gear): Radsatzwelle-Druckkappe and Radsatzhalter-Steg
List items. Both are parts of the running gear on an unspecified type of railway train. The Radsatzwelle-Druckkappe is not the axlebox cover (which is already accounted for - Radsatzlagerdeckel); can there be an axle cover as distinct from the axlebox cover? The Radsatzhalter-Steg I assume to be the web (flat bit) of whatever you call the part that attaches the wheelset to the bogie.
Robin Stocks
Local time: 13:58

Summary of answers provided
naPlease refer to the websites below
Johanna Timm, PhD



15 hrs
Please refer to the websites below

Here is a website that might help: http://pavel.physics.sunysb.edu/RR/RailroadDefinitions.html....
Good luck! Johanna

Johanna Timm, PhD
Local time: 04:58
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
PRO pts in pair: 7302
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search