KudoZ home » German to English » Tech/Engineering



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
06:16 Oct 18, 2000
German to English translations [Non-PRO]
German term or phrase: Wohnungsverband.
This is a term in Austria in building and the full sentence is "Decke (200 mm) im Wohnungsverband". This has nothing to do with an association (Verband) but is something connected to the structure of the house.
Language Express

Summary of answers provided
naBrace or bond
Anthony Frey
nawall bond
Mats Wiman



11 mins
wall bond

Verband m, Mauerverband m (Bau) / [wall] bond

Mats Wiman
Local time: 11:22
Native speaker of: Native in SwedishSwedish
PRO pts in pair: 1498
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

7 hrs
Brace or bond

THis is really hard without the overall context, considering Decke can refer to many things in civil engineering. This could a brace if the Decke refers to a ceiling. But if Decke refers to flooring, etc. this could very well be bond.

Good luck.

Anthony Frey
United States
Local time: 05:22
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 444
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search