KudoZ home » German to English » Tech/Engineering


English translation: Yes...

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
18:00 Mar 29, 2003
German to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering / Wireless data transmission
German term or phrase: Funksystem
Could this refer to a "wireless transmission system"? or is there another term in German for that.

E.g.: Um da Funk-system zu testen wird ein Empfangsmodul an einen PC angeschlossen und darüber gesteuert.
David Rumsey
Local time: 16:55
English translation:Yes...
... but wireless would be "kabellos" or even "wireless".
It seems to be some kind of radio system.
Selected response from:

Elke Fehling
Local time: 00:55
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
4 +3Yes...
Elke Fehling



2 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +3

... but wireless would be "kabellos" or even "wireless".
It seems to be some kind of radio system.

Elke Fehling
Local time: 00:55
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
PRO pts in pair: 42

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Klaus Herrmann: wireless works well in this context.
24 mins

agree  sylvie malich
26 mins

agree  Сергей Лузан
1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search