Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|German to English translations [PRO]|
Social Sciences - Tourism & Travel / disabled persons travelling
|German term or phrase: Animation|
|Animation generally translates as "animation" but i don't think it makes any sense here. |
Welche Angebote wären günstig:
- ca. 65 70 Einzel und Doppel-Häuser in aufgelockerter Bauweise
- Hotel mit ca. 40 Plätzen und Tagungsbereich
- kleine Parkanlage
- ausreichend Parkplätze
- mindestens 1 Gastronomiebereich
- 1 Kiosk
- Mehrzweckhalle für Veranstaltungen aller Art, Sportangebote
- Betreuungs- und Serviceangebote
- Tagesstätte als Entlastungsangebot für Eltern, konzeptionell auch
als offenes Angebot für Eltern aus der Region (lokale Akzeptanz, open concept)
- Ausstellungsraum für Reha- und Gesundheitsprodukte, Verkauf (open concept)
- Technikwerkstatt für Rollstühle, Gehhilfen, Verleihmöglichkeiten (open concept)
Which offers would be favourable?
- Approx. 65 70 detached and semi-detached houses, laid out as a low/medium density estate
- Hotel with approx. 40 rooms and conference area
- Small park
- Sufficient parking spaces
- At least one restaurant area
- 1 kiosk
- Multi-purpose hall for events of all types, sports offers
- Support and service offers
- Day care centre to reduce strain on the parents, also conceptually as an open offer to parents from the region (local acceptance, open concept)
- Showroom for rehabilitation and health products, sales (open concept)
- Technical workshop for wheelchairs, walkers, rental options (open concept)
|Activities host(ing) / Organized activities|
My EN<>DE dicts are missing this, but I know what it is, and ol' DUDEN sums it up perfectly:
* * * * * * *
Animateur: [frz. = Unterhalter, Initiator] jmd der von einem Reiseunternehmen o.ä. zu dem Zweck angestellt ist, den Gästen durch Veranstaltung von Spielen, Sport o.ä. Möglichkeiten für die Gestaltung ihres Urlaubs anzubieten.
Animation: organisierte Sport- u. Freizeitaktivitäten für Urlauber besonders in Ferienklubs
* * * * * * *
If you've ever booked a tour package from Germany, you'll know what this is. The "Animateure" are the folks standing outside at the pool conducting group stretching in the morning and the folks in the nightclub organizing "break the ice" games, like passing a ball from person to person w/o using your hands <:-)
They are typically employed by the hotel as an enticement, esp. during high tourist seasons; typically students who are either from the country of the tourists or at least speak their language.
I don't know if their responsibilities also include babysitting, as Sarah suggests, but they are certainly not limited to that.
- "Activities host/hostess" (focusing on the person)
- "Activities hosting" (gender-neutral)
- "Organized activities" (focusing on the events themselves, not the initiators)
Selected response from:
Local time: 04:22
|Thanks that's exactly the reference I'd heard in Germany "animateur Damen". I actually used "entertainment" in the end at the client's request but this is what they meant. And tell me, how many hours per day are those people required to hold a smile?|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
3 mins confidence: