paranchino a punta

08:09 Aug 16, 2011
Italian to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general) / aerial platforms
Italian term or phrase: paranchino a punta
Dear folks,
Would anyone know what this might be? I can't find it in google...
It's in a list of materials for assembling an aerial platform, among other tools such as screwdrivers and Allen keys.
Any suggestions very much appreciated.
Local time: 17:44

Summary of answers provided
3Block and tackle
Cedric Randolph



40 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
Block and tackle

I'm pretty certain what "paranchino" (from paranco) is - a small block and tackle it's the " a punta" that is tricky as it can mean pointed, peaked, tapered or retractable. Maybe further on in the text this detail might become clear.
At any rate, I hope this helps.

Cedric Randolph
Local time: 18:44
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 133
Notes to answerer
Asker: Many thanks Cedric, I'll bear that in mind

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search