galleggiamento diritto/inclinato

07:29 Sep 24, 2018
Italian to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Ships, Sailing, Maritime
Italian term or phrase: galleggiamento diritto/inclinato
The terms appear in a presentation on naval design fundamentals, translated as "floating straight" and "tilted flotation".
I'm not an expert on the subject, but this sounds like a literal translation to me.
What would the correct terms be?
Thanks in advance!
Federico Carozzo
Local time: 05:28

Summary of answers provided
3stable/unstable buoyancy
Elisabeth Rossato



2 days 2 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
stable/unstable buoyancy

vedi figura riguardante la Static Stability di un'imbarcazione
Elisabeth Rossato
Local time: 05:28
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian, Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 2
Notes to answerer
Asker: Grazie per la risposta Elisabeth! In italiano però i due termini indicano rispettivamente i piani paralleli al piano di galleggiamento (galleggiamenti diritti) e i piani inclinati rispetto allo stesso (galleggiamenti inclinati). Esiste un equivalente termine inglese per questi piani?


Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search