KudoZ home » Italian to English » Construction / Civil Engineering


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
21:30 Feb 11, 2009
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Other

Italian to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering
Italian term or phrase: scorrevole
Devo tradurre: "scorrevole alzante interno muro"

E' un tipo di finestra
Local time: 20:34

Summary of answers provided
4(vertical) sash window/vertical sliding window
simon tanner
3Tilt-in sliding window
Rosanna Palermo

Discussion entries: 2



11 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
(vertical) sash window/vertical sliding window

Think this may be what is meant


Note added at 11 hrs (2009-02-12 09:10:21 GMT)

sorry, didn't see your note to rfmoon. Perhaps something like CONCEALED SLIDING WINDOW might work at that point

Note added at 12 hrs (2009-02-12 09:45:43 GMT)

Found it - CAVITY SLIDING WINDOW!! You can knock my confidence level up to 5 on this one!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cavity sliding window&b...

simon tanner
Local time: 20:34
Works in field
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in category: 65
Notes to answerer
Asker: Could I say also "inside wall sliding window" ?? Is that possible?

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

12 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
Tilt-in sliding window

They tilt-inward for easy cleaning
or simply sliding window would do

Note added at 12 mins (2009-02-11 21:43:01 GMT)

More text would help...

Note added at 19 mins (2009-02-11 21:49:17 GMT)

here's a US site

Note added at 17 hrs (2009-02-12 14:38:21 GMT)

You're right..the phrase did not fully explain the type..
A sash window has 2 panes, "hung" inside the sash, hence single-hung (one pane moves), double-hung (both panes move)see these under the Pella link on both cases one pane slides vertically over the other when the window is opened, but does not slide into the wall. This type of window is what I have at my house.
Sounds like you are dealing with a "pocket window" which much like "Pocket doors" slide into the wall itself.
I would say:
Vertical sliding pocket window
See this link from ermetika

    Reference: http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/ruiming-airle/product-...
Rosanna Palermo
Local time: 13:34
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 134
Notes to answerer
Asker: Forse non hai capito bene !! Mi spiego meglio: di tratta di un tipo di finestra che va a scomparire nel muro, cioè dentro la parete

Asker: FF

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search