KudoZ home » Italian to English » Construction / Civil Engineering


English translation: marks

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
05:26 Aug 26, 2010
Italian to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering
Italian term or phrase: bollini
when laying concrete screed traditional preparation includes the application of bollini and fascie. My research on internet has turned up nothing very obvious. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks, Nick
Nicholas Hogg
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:21
English translation:marks
this is how they are usually called. And fasce are called "boards"
Selected response from:

Carla Trapani
Local time: 04:21
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
4 +1marks
Carla Trapani
Lucrezia Amedeo



1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1

this is how they are usually called. And fasce are called "boards"

    Reference: http://www.laterlite.eu/prodotti.aspx?idmenu=18&idmenu2=109&...
Carla Trapani
Local time: 04:21
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 8

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  xxxMr Murray: Well done! If they are the guidelines for levelling the concrete - 'marks' should work. I don't know of one absolute name for them. But I wonder if the original text says 'marks on the boards' not 'marks and boards.'
1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

7 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

A ground is a piece of timber that has been cut to the same length as the floor to wall height and fixed to the wall. The edges are bevelled to allow the ground to be removed when the plaster has 'gone off'. The thickness of the wood governs how thick the plaster is.


Timber grounds are vertical battens of wood that are cut to the depth of plaster required and have bevelled edges to aid removal after plastering.



Lucrezia Amedeo
Local time: 04:21
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 38
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search