KudoZ home » Italian to English » Cooking / Culinary

Pentola a gradino con coperchio


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
16:49 Jul 4, 2007
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

Italian to English translations [PRO]
Cooking / Culinary / Pots and Pans
Italian term or phrase: Pentola a gradino con coperchio
I sincerely apologise but I have NO context NO description - nothing.
This is just a 4 words that an agency "threw" at me - as I call it.
Any suggestions most welcome
Happy July 4th to all those celebrating

Local time: 01:29

Summary of answers provided
1 +1(vertical) flanged rim pot with lid
texjax DDS PhD
2Pot with a graduated base, with lid

Discussion entries: 3



3 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
Pot with a graduated base, with lid

This is extremely tough. I tried the Williams-Sonoma site, and even the Cookware's Association site, but could not find this pot.

I would say graduated, or with a graduated base, but that's not authoritative.

United States
Local time: 16:29
Works in field
Native speaker of: English
Notes to answerer
Asker: Thank you so much for your input!

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)
The asker has declined this answer

6 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 1/5Answerer confidence 1/5 peer agreement (net): +1
(vertical) flanged rim pot with lid

This is tough indeed!
Anyway, the shortest description I came up with is the above...a mere guess.

An insert for a crock pot having an interior compartment and an upper rim, the insert comprising: a body formed of aluminum foil and having a bottom and vertical sidewalls with a shape that conforms to the interior compartment of the crock pot; a flanged rim extending out from an upper portion of the vertical sidewalls and disposed to engage and rest on the upper rim of the crock pot; and a vertically disposed divider extending between and connecting the bottom and interior portions of the vertical sidewalls to form a first food compartment and a second food compartment.

Note added at 5 days (2007-07-09 18:24:23 GMT)

Thank you, Jen! Now at least we know what to ask for if we will ever need in life a pot like that.. :-) ..which, in my case, it's never gonna happen: I don't cook that much and my 2 pots (a big and a small one, respectively) are more than enough!

texjax DDS PhD
Local time: 19:29
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 16
Notes to answerer
Asker: Thanks so much - Sorry I couldn't find where to put my final wording : the company decided on "deep rim pot with lid" Thanks again Jen

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  potra: I like this
9 hrs
  -> thanks a lot, but I really don't know if this fits the bill...Ciao!
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)
The asker has declined this answer

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search