KudoZ home » Italian to English » Medical (general)

vegetazione rotondeggiante

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
06:41 Dec 15, 2005
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

Italian to English translations [PRO]
Medical - Medical (general)
Italian term or phrase: vegetazione rotondeggiante
una vegetazione rotondeggiante, a superficie biancastra, occlude totalmente l'emisistema bronchiale destro, all'emergenza del bronco principale.
I have found some references that include "rounded vegetation" on the web, but none in the medical context. Can anyone suggest a better translation?
Local time: 11:12

Summary of answers provided
5 +2roundish vegetation
3bulging growth
Rachel Fell
2Roundish Growth
Glenda Janssen
1 +1efflorescence
Christina Townsend

Discussion entries: 1



7 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5 peer agreement (net): +2
roundish vegetation

according to Cassell's dictionary

Local time: 12:12
Native speaker of: Native in RomanianRomanian

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Jo Macdonald
4 hrs

agree  Mihaela Petrican
1 day 4 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

50 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
Roundish Growth

Purtroppo trovo zero risultati facendo una ricerca su "roundish vegetation" e "vegetazione rotondeggiante". Pero' mi sembra che "growth" sia un termine usato piu' spesso in ambito medico. Magari se tu sai cosa significa riesci poi a trovare se veramente e' la stessa cosa.

Glenda Janssen
Local time: 05:12
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian, Native in DutchDutch
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

7 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 1/5Answerer confidence 1/5 peer agreement (net): +1

I was wondering if the word EFFLORESCENCE might help with the "vegetation" part of this question- medical sources do speak of the "bloom" of growths, rashes etc. It got me thinking that perhaps "efflorescence" might describe a white growth that "blossoms" on an organic surface (skin, organs etc). Anyone any more ideas on that?
eg Roseola
A rose-colored efflorescence upon the skin, occurring in circumscribed patches of little or no elevation and often alternately fading and reviving; also, an acute specific disease which is characterized by an eruption of this character;

Note added at 7 hrs 31 mins (2005-12-15 14:12:54 GMT)

sorry the above quote on efflorescence was from

    Reference: http://www.antiquusmorbus.com/English/EnglishR.htm
Christina Townsend
Local time: 11:12
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 4

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Cristina Chaplin
22 hrs
  -> thanks awana!
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

14 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
bulging growth


At necropsy, all left lung lobes were enlarged and firm, and transformed ... round, firm, bulging nodular growth, 6 cm in diameter, and several pale, ...
www.ava.com.au/avj/jul97/489.htm - 19k

Rachel Fell
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:12
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 321
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search