KudoZ home » Italian to English » Wine / Oenology / Viticulture

colloidi colmatanti

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
06:50 Feb 13, 2007
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

Italian to English translations [PRO]
Wine / Oenology / Viticulture / wine making
Italian term or phrase: colloidi colmatanti
I know what Colloidi are but I never heard of "Colmatanti" present in wine making. Or is there a spelling error? The sentence reads like this ** vini con un ridotto contenuto di colloidi colmatanti** any help?
Michael Deliso
Local time: 21:03

Summary of answers provided
4blocking colloids
Giles Watson



4 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
blocking colloids

"Colmatage" (or "colmatation") is the French for what happens when colloids clog up a filter during winemaking. The Italian is a calque.



Giles Watson
Local time: 21:03
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in category: 293
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search