14:13 Mar 1, 2000
Japanese to English translations [PRO]
Japanese term or phrase: "kakukeibu"
I am looking for a English term for the word "kakukeibu" - which refers to a part in injection molding equipment (for plastics) and used as an alternate term for an adjustment part (choseibu).

For Reference: "kaku" is the first kanji in "kakudai" (magnification), "kei' is first kanji in "keiro" (course), and "bu" is the first kanji in "buhin" (part).

Summary of answers provided
naexpandable (diameter) part
Timothy Takemoto



140 days
expandable (diameter) part

I can find no reference to the word you mention except as a mis-writing of Kakukei as in expandable diameter (using the "kei" of "chokkei").

    Reference: http://www.wbs.ne.jp/bt/hirai/gijutu/kankyou/all-liner/all-l...
Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 14:36
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 65
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search