KudoZ home » Japanese to English » Tech/Engineering


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
16:03 Apr 4, 2003
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

Japanese to English translations [PRO]
Japanese term or phrase: ソリテッド
Type of a receptor in an X-ray machine.
It turned into a nice mojibake the previous time I posted it. Let's see if it goes through now.
Katalin Horváth McClure
United States
Local time: 16:27

Summary of answers provided
Philip Ronan
Shinya Ono

Discussion entries: 2



9 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5

Soli-TED (Transmission Electrons Diffraction)

TED is used also for Total Energy Detector, Thales Electron Devices, both related to X-ray.
It's a sheer guess. There is no entry for ソリテッド(except for a chair, etc.) or solited or other likely spellings in Google. Good luck. 

    Soli-TED (Transmission Electrons Diffraction)
Shinya Ono
United States
Local time: 05:27
PRO pts in pair: 119
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 day 19 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

Just another guess really, but google found quite a few pages with "x-ray" and "slitted".

Take a look under fig. 2 in the reference below.

    Reference: http://nslsweb.nsls.bnl.gov/nsls/beamlines/home/x28a/X28.htm
Philip Ronan
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:27
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 170
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search