Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
22:31 Nov 18, 2008
Latvian to English translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Real Estate
Latvian term or phrase:dzīves telpa
Kontekstā "sabiedriskajā un publiskajā dzīves telpā". Teikumā ir frāze "dzīves vide", kāpēc "living environment" nederēs, bet "living space" nav pārāk precīzi. Vai ir kādi citi termini, kas būtu vairāk atbilstoši?
environment ir loti labs un universali lietojams vards.
Automatic update in 00:
9 hrs confidence: peer agreement (net): -1
in public domain
Explanation: Vistuvākais tulkojums šķiet šāda frāze: "in public domain".
Teksts no Wikipedia: "domain" definīcijas angļu valodā:
* sphere: a particular environment or walk of life; "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
* territory over which rule or control is exercised; "his domain extended into Europe"; "he made it the law of the land"
* (mathematics) the set of values of the independent variable for which a function is defined
* world: people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
* knowledge domain: the content of a particular field of knowledge
Citāts no "Meida Standards Trust, kur frāze lietota": "Today's PCC ruling against JK Rowling's privacy complaint raises intriguing questions about what constitutes the 'public domain' and what the responsibilities of the press are once someone is in it."
Ilze Berzina United States Local time: 21:32 Works in field Native speaker of: Latvian
2 days15 hrs confidence: peer agreement (net): +1
... + "dzīves telpa
public space ... +
Explanation: Izskatās, ka latv. teksta autors cenšas izteikties puķaini.
Ļoti plaši pazīstams ir termins "public space", un domāju, ka to arī jālieto.
Varētu autora domu arī paturēt, rakstot "public space, as used in various everyday social functions" (vai tamlīdzīgi).
Valters Feists Latvia Local time: 04:32 Works in field Native speaker of: Latvian PRO pts in category: 1