Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
17:16 Sep 6, 2000
Portuguese to English translations [PRO] Marketing
Portuguese term or phrase:expressions below
1. "tem dois canais dedicados à comercialização destes produtos - venda directa e REVENDA -, de modo a que eles cheguem mais fácil e rapidamente...." (it's NOT resale, I think it means 'indirect' sales via 'agents' - how is it expressed in Eng?)
2. Cabo Verde - correct name in English?
3. "...um prestigiado GRUPO ECONÓMICO Português, líder no mercado dos...." ('economic group, financial group' are NOT acceptable - would this be 'holding'?
4. "...disponibiliza os equipamentos DA LINHA DE SISTEMAS DA MARCA xyz..."
5. "NA CONTINUIDADE DESTE PERCURSO DE SUCESSO a empresa alargou a sua actividade...." and "APOSTAMOS na marca Panasonic..." (How could I render these prettily?)
6. "banca, seguros, ESTADO,escolas de formação na área de vídeo e multimédia,..." (does this out-of-place singular word refer to 'stadiums'?)
7. "Punatronic APURA OS SEUS SENTIDOS… " (this is a publicity slogan referring to the company's video-audio range - can anyone suggest a punchy way of rendering it?)
For completeness. Thanks also to next contributor but in all fairness I had to give the points to the first answer (hope the ans. actually appear in chrono. order!). Tim also derves thanks - as he astutely pointed out 'bet' which is the literal meaning, is not suitable, which is why I asked in the first place. Ta all. 3 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
Explanation: Eis o pouco com que posso colaborar:
1) Revenda aparentemente se refere a retailers
2) Cabo Verde =Cape Verde
3) Conglomerate seria mais abrangente do que holding
6) Parece-me que Estado está sendo utilizado no sentido de Governo
Bom trabalho, que parece que você o tem de sobra ;o)
M.Badra Brazil Local time: 09:09 Native speaker of: Portuguese PRO pts in pair: 68
Explanation: 1. retail
2. Cape Verde
4. has equipments available from the xyz LINE OF SYSTEMS
5. FOLLOWING THIS SUCCESSFUL PATH; WE ARE BETTING
7. it sharpens your senses
None. I'm a native European portuguese speaker.
José Malaquias Portugal Local time: 12:09 Native speaker of: Portuguese PRO pts in pair: 30
For completeness. Thanks also to next contributor but in all fairness I had to give the points to the first answer (hope the ans. actually appear in chrono. order!). Tim also derves thanks - as he astutely pointed out 'bet' which is the literal meaning, is not suitable, which is why I asked in the first place. Ta all.
2)Cabo Verde=Cape Verde
4)commercializes equipments from the xyz brand line of systems
5)continuing with this path of success...we bet...
6)I believe it's state
7)Punatronic delivers a shock to your senses
Ivan Costa Pinto United States Local time: 06:09 Native speaker of: Portuguese PRO pts in pair: 47
Explanation: 5: I agree with the above, except that the word "bet" is too vulgar to be used in an official context. You could translate this as "We rely on the Panatronic brand" or "We put our faith in the Panatronic brand".
7: Panatronic awakens your senses
tjr Local time: 12:09 Native speaker of: English PRO pts in pair: 55