KudoZ home » Portuguese to English » Other

primero amor

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
10:46 Sep 26, 2000
Portuguese to English translations [Non-PRO]
Portuguese term or phrase: primero amor
title of song
joan taylor
Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
nafirst love
M.Badra
naFirst Love
Carla Sherman
nafirst love/first crushPorcelain
naFirst Love
Donna Sandin


  

Answers


40 mins
First Love


Explanation:
it seemed obvious to me, but then, the adjective/noun sequence is reversed in this case, which could have misled you, but makes it more poetic.

Donna Sandin
United States
Local time: 09:27
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 1112
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 hr
first love/first crush


Explanation:
Depende da letra da música, se fôr uma música pop para adolescentes poderá ser "first crush" que é um termo mais juvenil.
"First love" poderá ser o mais óbvio.
Boa sorte.

Porcelain
PRO pts in pair: 2
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 hr
First Love


Explanation:
Maybe there is a mispelling in your request. In Portuguese it is: Primeiro amor. If there is no mispelling, then it is no Portuguese, it is Spanish... [primero amor] But the translation is still the same. It is very simple: First Love.
I don't think there's need here to add anything else.


    Personal experience
Carla Sherman
United States
Local time: 06:27
Native speaker of: Native in PortuguesePortuguese
PRO pts in pair: 18
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs
first love


Explanation:
There is a 99% chance that the translation "First Love" is the right one. But in the case you want to cover the other 1%, give us some more detail (the singer, for example) and some one who knows the music could give your a perfect answer.

Márcio

M.Badra
Brazil
Local time: 11:27
Native speaker of: Native in PortuguesePortuguese
PRO pts in pair: 68
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search