ejes de paredes medianeras

23:17 Feb 13, 2006
Spanish to English translations [Non-PRO]
Law/Patents - Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright
Spanish term or phrase: ejes de paredes medianeras
En un compromiso de venta el párrafo dice lo siguiente:
: Los metros expresados han sido calculados según los datos provisorios que resultan del ante proyecto urbanístico tomando como criterio general el de planta libre, es decir, que las medida se efectúa entre ejes de paredes medianeras, considerando asimismo las superficies de los balcones como superficie propia cubierta, al igual que las superficies comunes de uso exclusivo.-

Muchas thanks!

Summary of answers provided
5center lines of the party walls (or) common walls
Rebecca Jowers
3dividing wall axle



34 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
dividing wall axle

Diccionario Jurídico de Guillermo Cabanellas:

Medianería: dividing wall or common wall (between two houses or buildings). Joint ownership of a partition or dividing wall.

Nuevo Diccionario Técnico Malgorn:

Eje: axle, centre line (geometría).

Espero que te sea útil.


Local time: 19:39
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

8 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
center lines of the party walls (or) common walls

In English, and in both legal and building terms, "pared medianera" or "medianería" (the wall separating two properties) is called a "party wall" (i.e., a wall shared by two parties). Here is the definition from Black's Law Dictionary (8th ed.):

Party Wall-a wall that divides two adjoining, separately owned properties and that is shared by the two property owners as tenants in common. Also termed "common wall."

You can find additional related terminology here in a booklet that explains the UK Party Wall Act 1996

Note added at 8 hrs (2006-02-14 07:53:40 GMT)

I see that the term "partition wall" has been used, and this term is sufficiently descriptive but may mean any separating wall, and not necessarily the "pared medianera" dividing two separately-owned properties, which in legal terms is called a "party wall" in both US and UK law (219,000 hits in Google)

Rebecca Jowers
Local time: 00:39
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 104
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search