Iniciación/inicio de actividades

English translation: start/commencement of trading

17:36 Sep 3, 2019
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Bus/Financial - Law: Taxation & Customs
Spanish term or phrase: Iniciación/inicio de actividades

I'm translating some legal documents from Chile to English, but I have not been able to find an approrpiate translation for this process. It refers to a registration of a person or company in Servicio de Impuestos Internos (Internal Taxing Service). This allows a natural person or a company to issue bills, pay taxes, and so on, but every option I've found so far implies "beginning of operations", and this is not the exact meaning.

I'm thinking about something like "Registration in the Internal Taxing Service", but I'd like to know if there is a better option.

Thanks in advance!
Daniela Tapia
English translation:start/commencement of trading
It's the point at which the company starts to trade
Selected response from:

United Kingdom
Local time: 06:09
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
4 +4start/commencement of trading
3Business activity license
Posted via Mobile
Gareth Rhys-Jones López



38 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +4
start/commencement of trading

It's the point at which the company starts to trade

United Kingdom
Local time: 06:09
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 65

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Adrian MM.: cf. KudoZ glossaries for odd alternatives:
2 hrs
  -> thank you

agree  philgoddard: I don't think it's anything to do with registration.
5 hrs
  -> thank you

agree  David Hollywood: I would go with "commencement of activities"
8 hrs

agree  Luis M. Sosa
19 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
Business activity license

not sure if this could be similar to what you need.

Example sentence(s):
  • You must apply for a Business Activity License if you would like to hold any activity that uses Park Authority Property for...

    Reference: http://
Gareth Rhys-Jones López
Local time: 07:09
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in SpanishSpanish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search