|válvula de descenso |
it has descent valve/it has valve of descent
1 descent: participamos en el descenso del río, we took part in the white water canoeing
2 (de temperatura, precios) fall, drop
3 Dep (de categoría) relegation
1. The act of dropping from a height: drop, fall. See rise/fall.
2. A downward slope or distance: decline, declivity, drop, fall, pitch. See rise/fall.
3. One's ancestors or their character or one's ancestral derivation: ancestry, birth, blood, bloodline, extraction, family, genealogy, line, lineage, origin, parentage, pedigree, seed, stock. See kin, precede/follow.
4. A sudden drop to a lower condition or status: comedown, down, downfall, downgrade. See rise/fall.
5. A usually swift downward trend, as in prices: decline, dip, dive, downslide, downswing, downtrend, downturn, drop, drop-off, fall, nosedive, plunge, skid, slide, slump, tumble. See increase/decrease.
de·scent (dĭ-sĕnt') pronunciation
1. The act or an instance of descending.
2. A way down.
3. A downward incline or passage; a slope.
1. Hereditary derivation; lineage: a person of African descent.
2. One generation of a specific lineage.
1. The fact or process of coming down or being derived from a source: a paper tracing the descent of the novel from old picaresque tales.
2. Development in form or structure during transmission from an original source.
6. Law. Transference of property by inheritance.
7. A lowering or decline, as in status or level: Her career went into a rapid descent after the charges of misconduct.
The noun descent has 6 meanings:
Meaning #1: a movement downward
Meaning #2: properties attributable to your ancestry
Synonyms: origin, extraction
Meaning #3: the act of changing your location in a downward direction
Meaning #4: the kinship relation between an individual and the individual's progenitors
Synonyms: line of descent, lineage, filiation
Meaning #5: a downward slope or bend
Synonyms: declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope
Antonym: ascent (meaning #1)
Meaning #6: the descendants of one individual
Synonyms: lineage, line, line of descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stock.
n. - descenso, bajada, declive, descendencia, ascendencia
Local time: 15:08
Works in field
Native speaker of: Spanish
PRO pts in category: 24