Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
1. an injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration
1. injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of; "I bruised my knee"
2. hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego" [syn: hurt]
3. break up into small pieces for food preparation; "bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
4. damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure; "The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"