KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Bus/Financial

coaseguro

English translation: coinsurance

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
Spanish term or phrase:coaseguro
English translation:coinsurance
Entered by: keith
Options:
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

11:58 Nov 19, 2000
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Bus/Financial
Spanish term or phrase: coaseguro
Insurance industry
keith
co-insurance
Explanation:
As is, cheers :)
Selected response from:

xxxPaul Roige
Spain
Local time: 13:24
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
nacoinsurance
LinguaVox
naco-insuranceGeisha (Angie) Hayes
naco-insurancexxxPaul Roige


  

Answers


13 mins
co-insurance


Explanation:
As is, cheers :)


    Dicc alcaraz hughes
xxxPaul Roige
Spain
Local time: 13:24
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish, Native in CatalanCatalan
PRO pts in pair: 442

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Yolanda Broad
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

36 mins
co-insurance


Explanation:
Principle under which the company insures only part of the potential loss, the policyowners paying the other part. For instance, in a major medical policy, the company may agree to pay 75% of the insured expenses, with the insured to pay the other 25%.

Good Luck!

Geisha (Angie) Hayes
PRO pts in pair: 31

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Yolanda Broad
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

3 hrs
coinsurance


Explanation:
Insurance risk underwritten by two or more direct insurers acting jointly and simultaneously covering the same risk at the same premium and on the same terms. Normally only one of the co-insurers issues the policy (lead co-insurer). Not to be confused with reinsurance.

Capital Dictionary


    Capital Dictionary
LinguaVox
Spain
Local time: 13:24
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish, Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in pair: 154
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search