KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Construction / Civil Engineering

edificación (in this context)

English translation: built (percentage)

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
Spanish term or phrase:edificación (in this context)
English translation:built (percentage)
Entered by: Sherry Godfrey
Options:
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

17:36 Apr 2, 2008
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering
Spanish term or phrase: edificación (in this context)
This is from a list of features of several logistics buildings:

Ocupación 64% y edificación 67%

I know "occupación" is occupancy but "edificación"? I know it is often "building" but I don't see how that ties into a percentage here. Thanks in advance!
Sherry Godfrey
Local time: 00:20
built (percentage)
Explanation:
Ante la duda, mi sugerencia es tomar el camino más simple :)
Selected response from:

María Eugenia Wachtendorff
Chile
Local time: 19:20
Grading comment
Thanks Maria, Simon (for the explanation) and everyone!
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
4 +2built (percentage)
María Eugenia Wachtendorff
4 +1build-outJanine Libbey
4Plot ratio
kgreenwood
3 +1Construction Status
Raquel Benaim


Discussion entries: 4





  

Answers


3 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
build-out


Explanation:

The largest shift in the occupancy mix of units will likely be an increase in the proportion of second homes (from 23% today to 31% at build out). ...
www.hccaonline.org/page.cfm?pageid=2039 -

Nov 15, 2004 ... Conversely, in Atlanta, only 18.7 percent of the estimated build-out is currently under development. “When thinking about where to build a ...
www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2004_4th/Nov04_HRGReport.html

Janine Libbey
United States
Local time: 17:20
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in category: 4

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  María Eugenia Wachtendorff: I'm not so sure... We need more context. Pls see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Build-out. Also: real-estate-law.freeadvice.com/commercial_real_estate/build_out.htm - 59k
12 mins

agree  Reza Mohammadnia
3 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

41 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +2
built (percentage)


Explanation:
Ante la duda, mi sugerencia es tomar el camino más simple :)

María Eugenia Wachtendorff
Chile
Local time: 19:20
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 99
Grading comment
Thanks Maria, Simon (for the explanation) and everyone!

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Reza Mohammadnia
2 hrs
  -> Gracias, Reza

agree  Simon Charass: Yes, 64% occupancy, 67% (of the property area) is built (the other 33% being parking, green recreation area, etc.).
7 hrs
  -> Gracias, Simon
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +1
Construction Status


Explanation:
I would assume that Edificación in this case means what percentage of the construction project has actually been completed. Seeing more text would help.

Raquel Benaim
Panama
Local time: 17:20
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Reza Mohammadnia: maybe
45 mins
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

15 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
Plot ratio


Explanation:
Got a feeling that maybe the source text is badly written. 'Edificación' is the plot ratio but this is normally expressed as m2/m2, not as a percentage. Good luck.

kgreenwood
Local time: 00:20
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search