KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Engineering (general)


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
11:23 Feb 17, 2005
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general) / pipes
Spanish term or phrase: picaje
La secuencia de los picajes en la isometrica debe de ser la misma que la secuencia de los picajes en el P&ID.

Unfortunately no more context but this is a comment on an piping isometric diagram for an underground fire fighting system, and it shows some pipes with several peaks. Now I wonder whether the word "picaje" rather refers to the pipes or the peaks. Can anybody help?
Sonja Wesseler
Local time: 07:04

Summary of answers provided
4 +1refers to the peaks

Discussion entries: 6



54 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
refers to the peaks

I'm native of Spanish and the expression, in that context, looks exactly like that: they're refering to the peaks of the diagram, not to the pipes. I hope this will help you in your work and good luck with the rest!

Works in field

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Fuseila
3 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search