KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Environment & Ecology


English translation: mud flaps/splashguards

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
Spanish term or phrase:pollera
English translation:mud flaps/splashguards
Entered by: Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

14:06 Oct 26, 2006
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Environment & Ecology
Spanish term or phrase: pollera
El texto dice:

Los camiones que retiren los desechos deberán operar únicamente en horas diurnas, estar en buen estado mecánico, además contar con lonas de carga y polleras en buen estado.

No sé en otras partes si se les llama "polleras", pero, los camioniones tienen "polleras", éstas son como unas lenguetas detrás de las llantas para evitar que la llanta tire lodo hacia los otros carros que vienen detrás del camión.

Gracias por la ayuda!

Dinorah Maria Tijerino-Acosta
Local time: 00:00
mud flaps
Selected response from:

Ronnie McKee
Local time: 06:00
Grading comment
Gracias mil!
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
4 +5mud flaps
Ronnie McKee
5 +1wheel flaps
Becky Heaviside

Discussion entries: 1



5 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +5
mud flaps


Ronnie McKee
Local time: 06:00
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in category: 15
Grading comment
Gracias mil!

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Xenia Wong: Este es el nombre correcto....
5 mins
  -> Thanks Xenia

agree  itatiencinas
6 mins
  -> thanks, itati

agree  Alex Potts
9 mins
  -> Thank you, Alex

agree  María Teresa Taylor Oliver: En los glosarios hay varios términos: guardabarros/guardafangos ==> mud guards, splashguards...
23 mins
  -> thanks a lot Maite

agree  Stuart Allsop
1126 days
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

4 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5 peer agreement (net): +1
wheel flaps

these are the flaps that stop the dirt being thrown backwards

Note added at 15 mins (2006-10-26 14:22:46 GMT)

As Ronnie says they can also be called mud flaps (or mudflaps), or mudguards or splashguards (although the latter two or slightly more slangy I'd say)

    Reference: http://www.extension.umn.edu/horse/components/pdfs/TrailerSa...
Becky Heaviside
Local time: 05:00
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  claudia estanislau
0 min
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search