Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|Spanish to English translations [PRO]|
|Spanish term or phrase: ¿Se lee al menos?|
|Hola estimados compañeros. Lo que les transcribo es mi primer intento formal de una traducción legal (llamado a licitación). Lo único que les pido, ya que verán que no incluyo el original en español, es que voces autorizadas en el tema me digan solamente si se asemeja en algo a lo que debería ser un texto de estas características en inglés.|
Quizás no sea el uso que se pensó para el KudoZ, pero hay tantos otros que lo usan para cada cosa...
Desde ya muchas gracias,
".2 REGISTRY OF PARTICIPANTS AND RECEPTION OF DOCUMENTS
The registry of assistants to the presentation and opening of tenders act, as well as the reception of proposals in reference to the service object to this bidding, shall take place within an hour prior to the celebration of such act, which shall be optional for the participants.
Only proposals shall be accepted from bidders who have covered the cost of the bidding basis and who deliver a copy of payment receipt together with their technical proposal.
.3 PRESENTATION AND OPENING OF PROPOSALS ACT
The presentation and opening of proposals act shall consist of two stages: opening of the technical and economic proposals respectively, according to the following:
a) The reception of bids and opening of the technical proposals act shall take place on 29th July 2002, at 1:00 pm, no such proposal shall be accepted from bidders who arrive past this hour or attempt at delivering their bids once the act has begun.
b) At least one bidder, if any were present, and two Luz y Fuerza del Centro Public Officers shall sign the totality of documents conforming the technical proposals, as well as the corresponding closed envelopes containing the bidders´ economic proposals, including those whose technical proposals may have been dismissed, remaining from that moment in the inviting entity´s custody."
|English translation:I know this is beyond the scope of Proz, but what the hell...|
Hi Leonardo, since you are a member that I consider has helped many others, I will make an exception in your case:
I have translated numerous tenders, so here are some suggestions:
1. Registry of participants. I get the feeling that this is "Registration" rather than registry.
2. "Assistants" should be "Attendees".
3. I usually translated "opening of tenders act" as "bid opening ceremony". In these tenders, I always translate "act" as "ceremony", since it is an official event where the bid envelopes are opened and the prices are announced.
4. I would translate "service object to this bidding" as "service under this tender".
5. "celebration" should be "holding".
6. "bidding basis" should be "bidding terms and conditions" (from bases).
7. "attempt at delivering" should be "attempt to deliver".
8. "totality of documents conforming the technical proposals" should be "documents in their entirety, which make up the technical proposals".
9. "remaining from that moment in the inviting entity's custody" should be "remaining from that moment on in the possession of the inviting entity".
Selected response from:
Local time: 01:57
|Muchas gracias a todos de verdad. Y a tí Russell en especial por tu amabilidad. En realidad no esperaba tanto, simplemente una opinión general, que creo haber corrborado... La cuestión legal está muy lejos de mi alcance por el momento.|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
6 mins confidence:
Please see underneath!
Excelente,leo,te felicito de todo corazón! Podrán haber pequeñísimas diferencias de estilo, pero si nunca tradjiste uno de esos mamotretos, realmente lo tuyo es de...matar mil,loco!!
Local time: 09:57
Native speaker of: Spanish
PRO pts in pair: 2592
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|35 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): +4
I would really recommend you get a native English speaker to edit your translation... You need some help with prepositions (of course), but also things like <assistants> (participants??) and <the act>, etc., etc.